Sun, May 28|
UUCF Room 113
New in-person group forming! Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Frederick, MD
Time & Location
May 28, 2023, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
UUCF Room 113, 4880 Elmer Derr Rd, Frederick, MD 21703, USA
About the event
Nonviolent Communication is a practice and a set of principles that invites us to reframe how we interact with others by observing without judgment. We do this by revealing our feelings and values, and requesting an action that would help meet everyone's needs. Created by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg NVC is a powerful tool to help prevent conflict, create better relationships, discover more about ourselves, foster listening with empathy, and enable honest expression.
Participants will walk away with tools to help with:
- Developing a greater understanding of others
- Increased empathy, better vocabulary of feelings and needs
- Ability to do compassionate self-reflection
Date: May 28th (Sunday) 12 pm to 2 pm, ET
Location: 4880 Elmer Derr Rd, Frederick, MD 21703 Room 113.
Who would benefit from this practice:
- Partners, family members, those who want help connecting with others (friendships)
- Professionals who have trouble working with team members
- Team leaders who are trying to make an impact.
About Mike: Mike Jadoow has taught Nonviolent Communications for 4 years and leads the Forest Hills practice group for Capital NVC.